Monday, January 12, 2009

See, I told you I was bad at this

It's been a really hectic time. Between searching for an apartment, finding it, spending a week fixing it up and moving in, then the holidays, life has been crazy. But, we're finally settled and now that the holidays are over, life is getting back to normal.

Since it's winter, we've been hibernating. I haven't left the house except for work and food since the new year. Even that gets me in trouble. Winter decided to dropkick me last week and I landed badly. I don't think I'll be signed to the WWE anytime soon.

Fast forward a few minutes later to me standing in my living room, with my pants around my ankles, sobbing "it hurts!". That's the image my wonderful husband woke up to. The poor guy had no idea what to do. I landed with my ass/lower back on the stairs and wound up on the couch for 2 days unable to sit normally or put pants on. The bruise is finally starting to heal.

It's moments like this that fuel my hatred towards winter. I don't get people who love the cold. People who ski or snowboard? Maniacs, the lot of them. I don't mind the occasional snow storm when we're sitting on the couch with a glass of wine and a good movie. This winter is purely ridiculous.

Let the countdown to summer begin! (Which will probably be the next time I post)

No comments: